Sunday 20 September 2009

Aaahhh EU law you have to love the democratic process

  1. The unelected Commission proposes all EU law in secret
  2. Their proposals are negotiated by bureaucrats from nation states in secret
  3. The proposed laws then go to the Council of Ministers, still in secret
  4. The EU Parliament itself cannot propose legislation
  5. Our Parliament is powerless to change any of those laws
  6. There is no appeal against them in the Luxembourg Court
Hat-tip: Lord Pearson of Rannoch

There is an awful lot of 'red' there which ought not be in the democratic process... I hope the dear reader understands my affection and love for sarcasm. If you cannot beat them, make fun of them.

As for the Lisbon Treaty, again, Mr. North at EU Referendum has a good take on it and Mr. Cameron.

Update: Turns out I was wrong parts of the above post. But I unlike politicians and dishonest people do not delete my previous posts and then claim never to have written them, I admit my own mistake and hope that people will think better of my character for this.

No comments: