Friday 27 November 2009

Special Relationship? My butt (F-35, plane in vain)

You know we are buying all those sweet F-35s for the new carriers? Well, when we added our dough to the pot it was done on the understanding that we would be able to run the things ourselves without any American intervention. Remarkably it was the Blair and Bush administration that sorted this little caboodle but not anymore as Obama has now reneged on that issue - do we get our money back the? Now I do not want to say too much on this issue and leave it to be properly analysed by real defence blogs such as Defence of the Realm and Think Defence - they actually know what they are talking about. But you can find the full story over at the Spectator here.

I also just have to add that I thought my title 'plane in vain' was very clever. You might not, but I do not care. This is my blog and I like puns.

No comments: