Wednesday 23 June 2010

Acts to Crap on and the Scrap

I am sitting here watching today's PMQs after having had an enjoyable but hard day at the pub, working during the England game. Now, I am looking at my wall and there I see a paper. What paper is not important rather what is on it, it has to do with employment and about one fifth of the paper has to with my race. This is because employers are forced to monitor their employees' race under the Race Relations (Amendment) Act 2000. You will recognise the date as being part of Labour's ignominious era as government and as such our ignominious era for having the misfortune of having them as our government.

If the coalition is truly serious about 'change' and being fucking 'progressive' (I hate hate hate, that word) then this is the first act to burn.

2 comments:

All Seeing Eye said...

A friend of mine was recently asked for ethnic tick-boxes on a satisfaction survey for council bin collections.

It may seem like just an act of pointless and petty disobedience to lie whenever possible on forms which collect such information, but you'll find that it is strangely satisfying.

Personally I do it whenever possible.

13th Spitfire said...

Ohh likewise Mr. Eye, likewise. On my NHS visit a year or so ago I ticked 'Black' and then smiled at the stupid bugger who had to type it into his computer (I am not black). But he cannot really do anything about it; my paper, my bureaucracy.