Friday 12 March 2010

Nightmare Lisbon Treaty


Well, chaps, I am off this weekend to do some training. In the meantime I would like to note this piece by Open Europe. I wrote a full page article in our student newspaper about the whole shambolic set-up that was the Lisbon Treaty, and referred to the same things that the piece by Open Europe refers to. Naturally though, it being a student newspaper, no one gives a shit. But hey at least I tried. It is not just that it is ambivalence, the whole thing just does not work. It really is as simple as that. This of course makes me very happy. While eurosceptics are exerting their non-existent force from the outside and watch it fall upon deaf ears, there is solace to be found in the notion that the EU is so incompetent in its own supine raison d'etre, that we really should just all chill out and let it implode.

No comments: