There was me thinking that the wretched AV referendum was the price paid for the boundary changes. The Lib Dems are, for reasons best known to themselves, determined to cement their reputation as the most duplicitous, weak-willed, and incompetent party in British politics.
Perhaps we need to occasionally remind them of this:
- despite spending an election saying they'd back the party with the most votes and seats in a hung Parliament they desperately tried to hatch a deal with Labour
- despite telling voters that tuition fees was such a priority for them it was worthy of its own pledge, when the coalition negotiations got underway they dropped it immediately in order to get a compromise on constitutional change
- despite wearing their green and rural credentials on their sleeve they didn't ask to have a Minister in Defra
- despite voting for the original Health Bill and signing off on it, they then did an about-turn when it looked unpopular
- despite getting their compromises on the Health Bill during the pause, when it was still unpopular they came out against it again
- despite agreeing to the tactics over the proposed EU treaty, when those tactics being played out resulted in a UK veto, they howled outrage
They rank alongside cowards and traitors, and they deserve nothing but the boot come the next election, thankfully the British public seems realise that as well. For that I am glad. It is a quite a feat indeed to be more incompetent, hated and to excite a feeling of disgust, in the contemporary political classes that rule this stupendous country of ours. They arouse nothing but snide remarks and general feelings of derision when spoken of, as they bloody well should. They compound the worst bits of left-wing ideology, at least Labour have some good ideas and have as of late started apologising (very slowly albeit) for their time in office as New Labour. We will never get that from the Lib Dems, they will only be happy when they have managed to drag down all that is good in these lands to their mediocre average level.
One simply asks, is there any pro-British matter that Clegg is in favour of? It appears that he is hellbent on destroying the validity of every traditional British institution and mostly in favour of EU institutions.
There are pejorative words for such people.
Serjeant at Arms Sent Complaint About Carolyn Harris
17 minutes ago